Dr. Nandakumar G
Professor & HODDetailed Profile
Dr. Mamtha George
Dr. Shwetha V Rajiv
Associate ProfessorDetailed Profile
Dr. Parvathy Santhosh
Assistant ProfessorDetailed Profile
Dr. Navya V S
Assistant ProfessorDetailed Profile
About the Department
- Excellent infrastructure with state-of-the art facilities
- Comprehensive coverage of various sub specialties including Cosmetic dermatology, Pediatric dermatology, Dermatosurgery.
- Specialty clinics on regular basis for acne, psoriasis, vesiculobullous disorders, pigmentary disorders, Hansens diseases and sexually transmitted diseases (STD).
- 30 bedded in-patient services for those requiring admissions and undergoing Dermatosurgery procedures.
- Community services by conducting regular camps in the surrounding villages.
- Offers scientifically proven aesthetic treatments at affordable rates.
- Gram stain
- Slit skin smear
- Woods lamp examination
- Patch testing
- ASST(Autologous serum skin test)
- Skin biopsy
- Radio frequency ablation
- Electrocautery for warts, molluscum contagiosum, nevus
- Intralesional injection for keloid, alopecia areata
- Iontophoresis for excessive sweating of palms and soles
- Vitiligo surgeries
- Nail surgeries
- Chemical peeling for acne, pigmentation, skin rejuvenation
- Laser hair reduction for excessive hair growth in males and females
- PRP (Platelet rich plasma) for hair loss
- Microdermabrasion for fine wrinkles , acne scars, skin rejuvenation
- Microneedling for acne scars
- Acne scar revision
The spacious, well ventilated and state-of-the art facilities of the department includes :
- Five clinical examination rooms.
- Side laboratory.
- Patient waiting area.
- In patient ward (male and female) - 15 bed each with a separate isolation room and a procedure room.
- Cosmetic dermatology clinic having a reception desk, waiting lounge, consultation room and separate rooms for laser and other aesthetic procedures like chemical peeling, dermabrasion, micro needling , PRP and so on.
- Major and minor OT rooms for procedures like skin biopsy, electro cautery, radiofequency ablation, Vitiligo surgeries, excision of tumors, nail surgeries.
- Phototherapy unit (PUVA & NBUVB - Whole body chamber, Hand & foot).
- Demonstration room for UG and PG teaching.
- Department library.
- Faculty rooms.
Procedures including Micro‐Dermabrasion, chemical peeling for mild and moderate acne scars, wrinkles, fine lines, sun‐ damaged skin, Phototherapy for psoriasis and vitiligo and Radio Frequency surgical procedures like removal of skin tags, warts, freckles, birthmarks, moles (naevi), blackheads, corns and calluses are routinely performed by experts at the department. Skin biopsies are conducted in cases of skin tumours.
The department has 30 beds (15 beds each for males and females) reserved for dermatology inpatient management. Patients who require admission and those who need observation post dermatosurgery procedures are admitted and provided necessary care at affordable rates.
Out Patient Services
For booking, please contact: 0496 2701800
- Epilating folliculitis in fishermen - Laxmi V Nair, Nandakumar G Indian journal of dermatology, venereology andleprology Vol 56, 1990,402-403
- Epilating folliculitis-A possible predisposing factor - G Nanda kumar and Laxmi V Nair letters to editor Indian Journal of Dermatology,Venereology and Leprology vol 57,1991,203
- Granulomatous cheilitis evolving into Melkerson-Rosenthal syndrome with bilateral facial palsy- K Muhammed,G Nandakumar,S umi Thomas - Letters to editor Indian Journal of Dermatology, Venereology and Leprology, 2004,vol 70, issue 5
- Cerebrotendinous xanthomatosis need for early diagnosis Case report - K Muhammed, G Nandakumar, S Saritha IJDVL, 2006, VOL 72, ISSUE 5
- Lymphangitic chromoblastomycosis Case report - K Muhammed, G Nandakumar, KK Asokan, P Vimi IJDVL, 2006, Vol 72, issu 6.
- Moore Federman syndrome, A rare case of pseudoscleroderma - Case report. - K Muhammed,G Nandakumar IJDVL, 2007, Vol 73 issue 4.
- Suspected cardiac toxicity to intravenous immunoglobulin used for treatment of scleromyxoedema Case report - MP Binitha, G Nandakumar, D aisy thomas IJDVL, 2008 Vol 74, issue 3.
- A Study of oxidative stress in paucibacillary and multibacillary leprosy Net Study - P Jyothi, Najeeba riyaz, G Nandakumar, MP Binitha IJDVL, 2008, Vol 74, issue1.
- Primary cutaneous multifocal CD 30+Anaplastic large cell lymphoma Case report - LK Asha, Daisy Thomas, MP Binitha G Nandakumar IJDVL, 2006, Vol 72 issue 5.
- George Mamatha , Prabhu S, Balachandran C. Chronic idiopathic urticaria: Comparison of clinical features with positive Autologous Serum Sensitivity Test. - Indian J Dermatol Venereol Leprol. 2008; 74:105-8.
- Rao R, Prabhu S, George Mamatha , Shenoi SD. Inflammatory pruritic nodules and plaques on the face. Indian J Dermatol Venereol Leprol. 2007;73: 142.
- George Mamatha , Pakran J, Rajan U, Thomas S. Toe-tip purpura: - Clinicopathologic challenge. International Journal of Dermatology. 2011; 50, 923–924.
- George Mamatha , Rajan U, George S, Pakran J, Thomas S. Sub-polar lepromatous leprosy localized to the face. Dermatology Online Journal 16(9):8.
- George M, Rajan U, George S, Pakran J, Thomas S. Localized Psoriasis Herpeticum: Case report and review of literature . Indian Dermatology Online Journal. 2011;2:16-18.
- Mamatha George. Retapamulin: A Novel Antibiotic for Topical use. Kerala Medical Journal. 2011; 4:173-174.
- Pakran J, George Mamatha , Riyaz N, Arakkal R, et al. Purpuric macules with vesiculobullous lesions: a novel manifestation of Chikungunya. International Journal Dermatology. 2011;50:61-9
- Pakran J, George Mamatha , Rajan U, Lekha T, Muhammed K. Lupus erythematosus tumidus. Indian J Dermatol Venereol Leprol. 2011 ;77:253
- Snigdha O., Mamatha George, Binitha M. P., Sunitha Balakrishnan - Clinical profile, etiology and histopathology of patients with erythroderma in South India. Int J Res Dermatol. 2017 Sep;3(3):384-388.
- Sumi Thomas, Uma Rajan, Sandhya George, and Mamatha George, ‘Postpartum Pemphigoid Gestationis’ Indian J Dermatol. 2012 Mar-Apr; 57(2): 146–148.
- Khader Anza, George Mamatha, George Sandhya, Rajan Uma, Kunnummal Muhammed Syphilis of Fungal world: Novel Skin Manifestations of Histoplasmosis in an Immunocompetent host. Indian J Dermatol. 2012 Nov-Dec; 57(6): 504.
- Remya Prasannan, Mamatha George, Binitha M. P, Lekha T. Clinical and histopathological study of lepra reactions from a tertiary care center in South India. Int J Res Dermatol. 2017 Dec;3(4):512-516.
- George Mamatha, Santhosh Parvathy , Shamsuddin F. Tinea incognito presenting as erythroderma. J Skin Sex Transm Dis 2020;2(1):43-5. 14. Santhosh Parvathy, George Mamatha. Letter to the editor: de novo Koebner phenomenon. Int J Dermatol. 2020; 59(7):e248. Doi:10.1111/ ijd.14851
- Mamatha George, Fibin Thanveer. Balanoposthitis , PG textbook of Dermatology.
- Rajiv S, Criton S. “An uncanny presentation of Hiley Hiley disease”. Kerala Journal of Dermatology, Venereology and Leprosy2014, Vol 9, No.1
- Rajiv S, Criton S.”Toll like receptors” Kerala Journal of Dermatology, Veneorology and Leprosy 2014, Vol 9, No.1
- Nikhila PK, Santhosh P, Jensy KN, Sahadevan NV. Pachydermodactyly: A case report. J Skin Sex Transm Dis 2019;1(2):107-9.
- George M, Santhosh P, Shamsuddin F. Tinea incognito presenting as erythroderma. J Skin Sex Transm Dis 2020;2(1):43-5
- Santhosh P, George M. Letter to the editor: de novo Koebner phenomenon. Int J Dermatol. 2020; 59(7):e248. Doi: 10.1111/ ijd.14851
- Sasidharanpillai S, Chathoth AT, Khader A, Reena Mariyath OK, Riyaz N, Binitha MP, Muhammed K, George B, Santhosh P, Roslind S, Paul N, Thomas MH. Predictors of disease severity in drug reaction with eosinophilia and systemic symptoms. Indian J Dermatol Venereol Leprol. 2018 Jul 23.
- Nikhila PK, Santhosh P, Jensy KN, Sahadevan NV. Pachydermodactyly: A case report. J Skin Sex Transm Dis 2019; 1:107-9
Other ActivitiesAcademic Activities
Journal club / Thesis review
Clinical case presentation
Short topic presentation / Histopathology
Clinical case presentation